Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A Smack in the Face!

Ross and I just had a great weekend visiting family in Nashville!  We saw pretty much everyone from both sides of Ross' family, showed Colton off, and spent some quality time with GiGi, Grandy, Aunt Grace, Uncle Bobby, and Auntie Char.  We have some great memories from that time...but that's not what I'm here to share.

I must be getting old.  I don't feel that old, in my head, but apparently I'm deluding myself.  How do I know this?  Well....

I went to my brother's band's concert Monday night.  As I looked around I noticed that everyone there looked so young - like high school age.  I asked a friend of Jeff's what all these high school kids must think about someone older, like me, being there.  She proceeded to tell me, "They are probably like, 'What is someone's mom doing here?!'"  Haha!  She's a sweet girl and I know she didn't mean to call me old....so I overlooked that comment.   Then, after the show, I met Jeff's bandmates.  As one of them shook my hand he said, "Nice to meet you ma'am."  

What?!?  Am I so old?  Will I, from here on out, be known as "someone's mom" and "ma'am?"
No - I'm only 27.  I refuse to believe this is true!



;o)

No comments: