Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The Every Day Things

The past couple of weeks have been full of the every day things. Nothing special has been going on but the weather has been beautiful and we've enjoyed doing little things together as a family.

Colton, most recently, has become obsessed with playing in our backyard. Almost every morning he wakes up, runs to our back door, and says, "Ide! Ide! Ide!" which means "Outside!" He doesn't need many toys or things to do to keep himself entertained; he just enjoys exploring and climbing up and down the stairs. :)

In this picture, Colton was "helping" us plant some flowers.

He had lots of fun with the pots they flowers had been in. In this picture he's trying to wipe dirt off of his hands by rubbing them together. The kid hates to have dirty hands!

Colton loves sitting in our "big people" furniture.

Oh, and I have to tell you about the jeans he's wearing! I got them at a clothing exchange here in Florence for FREE! They are Polo, too! I just love them - they are one of the only pairs of pants Colton has that can fit his small waist/legs, but still be too long! The waist is adjustable, too, so I know he'll still be able to wear them next Fall. Score!

Last week we took a family trip to Ikea and Colton got his first ice cream cone all to himself. He loved it!

He was even good about sharing with mommy and daddy. :)


Here's a video of Colton enjoying his cone. It's pretty uneventful (he's mostly watching some kids that are behind me while I'm taping). But, hey, it's the best I've got for now.


Grammy and Big Poppy arrive tomorrow for a two week visit. I'm sure we'll have many updates to show you of our adventures after they leave. Until then, CIAO!!! :)

2 comments:

Jenn said...

I LOVE him! I honestly think he is just the cutest thing EVER (well, until Nate and I have a kid...then he better watch it)! Only a few more months til I get to see him and you! CAN'T WAIT!

Gigi and Grandy in Katy said...

I want some too! He looks so big and really knows what to do with that cone! Heredity pays off! Have a great time with Grammy and Big Poppy!