Friday, March 6, 2009

Memories...

Ross and I on Vision Trip last year.  Salerno, Italy.


Today is a sad day for me.  Ross left this evening to lead UCF's vision trip - a spring break mission trip where students go to Italy in order to share the Gospel with Italian university students.  It is an awesome trip where we see lives changed, both American and Italian, in awesome ways by God - and this year I had to stay behind!
Obviously there was no way for me to go on this trip with Colton - it will be hard enough to move him to Italy when we go this spring let alone to take him on a week-long trip.  I didn't really mind missing out until I was driving Ross to the airport today.  I really am sad to miss out on all that God will do on the trip!
Besides that, I really miss Ross!  Since we basically work the same job we are never separated.  This trip will mark the longest time we've spent apart since we got married four and a half years ago.

Thinking about this trip took me back to last year.  It was such a special trip because Jenn and Nate both took a week off of work to come with us!  It was awesome to have them share the experience of ministering to students in the country we love so much with us.  Here are some fun pictures from that trip:

Ross and Nate hanging out and being weird in the Piazza del Popolo (Rome) on our first night in country.

Jenn and me looking out from the Colosseum.

Jenn and I would get cappuccini together every morning that we were there.  Mmmmm...

We love Italy!  *Can you believe that I was 12 weeks pregnant in that picture?!?*

Here is a view of the city we'll be moving to this spring - Florence!


Though I'm sad to miss out on this trip, and missing Ross (and Jenn and Nate, too), I am excited for the chance I have to take Colton to Illinois next week to visit the Moore and Hurst sides of the family!  Pictures and stories from that time to come...

4 comments:

Erika said...

What special memories! Praying for your transition, Lindsay!!

Gigi and Grandy in Katy said...

So sorry for your sadness. You will be together again soon and it will be so great to see one another again! I know you will have a great time visiting with your family and they will adore the sweetest and cutest baby on the planet. Love you.

Jenn said...

I LOVE all the pictures...and the shout out to us...of course! Last year was such a blast! I loved it! Also, some good news, our apartment is going to let us start moving stuff in during the week, so I am hoping and praying that we will be able to come to Grandma's!! No promises though...

Becka Robinson said...

Eek! I can't believe you guys are moving there. How long will you be there? Nate and I will be taking a trip there in the next year or two. (He's never been to Europe!) :)