Thursday, April 16, 2009

Life will NEVER be the Same

The day has finally come.

Though Colton began sitting up well two weeks ago and army crawling last week, he's still been "containable."  By that I mean that I could lay him on a blanket with some toys and know he wasn't going to go far. Life was easy, relatively clean...

Until today.  Today Colton began taking his army crawling to the next level.  No matter how hard I tried, I could not keep him contained on his blanket.  His toys held no interest to him. Instead, he was intent on crawling off the blanket to discover what else this world holds.  For some reason the dog's pillow and chew toy are his #1 favorites (gross!) but after I moved those he went straight for the CD/DVD holder.  Yes, he began pulling things out and destroying them. I cannot believe that this is already happening!  I grabbed my camera and caught the moment on film so check it out:








Yes, after this incident I immediately pulled out the outlet covers and started baby proofing the house.  I'm also trying to accept that I will really need to start cleaning my floors more often - my most hated chore.  Man, I really don't know if I'm ready for this!

Not only has Colton started crawling around with the intent to discover/destroy, he has also made a habit of destroying his crib bedding.  We stopped swaddling his arms a couple weeks ago and since then he has literally ripped the ties off of his bumper pads so that we cannot tie them to the crib bars anymore.  Connie, when you visit we'll need you to bring your sewing kit. Is it possible to sew them on with unbreakable threads?!?

I have known for a long time that Colton was going to be a wild child - into everything he could get his hands on.  But how has it already begun?  Oh gosh - my life will never be the same!

6 comments:

Jenn said...

Crazy to think just a couple days ago he wasn't moving around! Looks like you are going to have your hands full!

Paula said...

Ha, ha, ha! I can't help but laugh and think "What goes around comes around". Reminds me of you when you were little. (Don't forget....you were climbing out of your crib by the time you turned one and we had to put you in a regular bed). Just wait until he gets into the cupboards and pulls out all the pots and pans! He's such a cute little stinker, though. Gotta love him! Enjoy this phase, too. It all goes by much too fast.
~Mom

Gigi and Grandy in Katy said...

We'll secure those ties somehow, but you might have to remove the bumpers soon. Robert used them as a step-stool to get out of the bed. Ross never left his bed without permission even after he was in a big boy bed! As Big Grandy (my daddy)used to say "hold on to your elastic, you are going on a wild ride!"

Gigi and Grandy in Katy said...

At least he has good taste....pun intended. He's chewing on the Beatles collection! HAHA

G-STOW said...

Ripped of the ties of the bumper pads? man! that should be fixable. When you say he is destroying things does that mean he is taking things off shelves and getting messy or like you have to throw them away because they are unusable? hmmm.... sounds crazy! god bless you

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh. Can't wait. haha

Steve Henry