Sunday, July 5, 2009

4th of July

Yesterday we celebrated the 4th of July...all the way across the world in Italy! Of course, our celebration lacked the traditional fireworks display (which I missed very much) but we were able to get together with friends and have an "American BBQ." We feel very blessed that we could celebrate with new friends here in Florence. The company was great and so was the food! We had hamburgers, chips, Rotel cheese dip, hummus, strawberry salad, homemade frappuccinos, and a red/white/blue dessert. So fun! I meant to take pictures of the food, our friends, and the amazing setting in which we ate (on our friend's Matt & Melanie's beautiful terrace)...but I forgot. I did, however, remember to get pictures of Colton - who celebrated the day in his USA gear - and a family picture!



Please excuse how gross I look in these pictures - it is hot here and I'm constantly sweaty (no air-conditioning in most places in Italy).



Today Colton felt the need to represent his new home like he did for the USA yesterday. :)



We had a great time remembering our country with friends in Florence, but we missed celebrating with family and friends in the U.S., too. We love you all and we're thankful for the ways God has given us so many blessings in the area of relationships. Hope your 4th of July was special, too!

3 comments:

The Downs family said...

Missing you too, glad you were still able to celebrate!! Love the pictures!

Gigi and Grandy in Katy said...

Is it my imagination or is Colton tanning? He looks so tan! Love it! Love you. We now have internet! Yeah!

Jill@Barnes Yard said...

Yay, I'm glad I found your blog! I seriously can't believe there is no Starbucks there! Insanity! :)
-Jill (thanks for stopping by!)