Saturday, August 30, 2008

The End of Pregnancy...

Overall I've had a pretty easy pregnancy.  Granted, the first trimester was a bit rough in terms of having pretty bad morning sickness (I actually lost 3 pounds and didn't gain them back until my fifth month!  Don't worry, I've gained plenty pounds since then, though.) and total physical exhaustion.  Since then, though, I've felt really great.  I don't have any of the typical complaints that many pregnant women do - at least not regularly.

Even though I am in my ninth month I have hardly had any digestive issues (i.e. heartburn, indigestion, etc), no pooping problems, and almost never have any trouble sleeping.  I rarely even have to get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom - from what I can tell that's a miracle!

The only thing I have to complain about, and I do, is that my feet and hands are swelling.  I'm ok with slightly swollen hands.  I can't wear my wedding bands anymore but I got a pretty sweet, bling-licious ring at Target that I'm enjoying wearing for a change.  The feet swelling is really bugging me, though.

If you know me well, you know I have long, thin feet - especially long, thin toes.  Some might say they are freakishly boney.  Now I look at my feet and see cankles and sausage toes.  I hate it!  Below is a picture for your enjoyment.


As you can see, my right foot is more swollen than my left.  Why?  I don't really know - but it's gross.

Anyway, like I said, I'm thankful I don't have much to complain about...and if I'd just stay off my feet more I might not have any complaints!  My only concern about the fact that I am still almost totally comfortable is that this baby is going to be late.  Only time will tell...

1 comment:

Jenn said...

those are some sexy feet. ow ow!