Sunday, September 14, 2008

7 Days...

Today marks the beginning of my 39th week of pregnancy!  The baby is due next Sunday, September 21st.  I have a feeling, though, that he'll take his time making his entrance.  I just do not feel like I'm about to go into labor!

Not too much interesting has been going on these past couple of weeks.  I am totally torn between relaxing as much as possible, since life will drastically change after the baby is born, and working like crazy to clean every crevice of my house since I know I won't do that in life post-baby.  I am erring on the side of relaxing.

Friday is my next doctor's appointment - two days before my due date.  At that appointment, assuming I haven't had the baby yet, the doctor would like to schedule an induction for the end of my 40th week (sometime around September 26 - 28th).  The way the doctor explained it, they do not like to let women go over 41 weeks of pregnancy anymore because of the health of the placenta.  He said that each week over 40 weeks the placenta starts deteriorating but that there is no way for them to tell how much - each woman is different.  While it might seem fine from the outside, the longer you go over 40 weeks the more likely the placenta will experience problems when under the stress of labor (which can increase risk for c-section).  

For most of my pregnancy I've been saying that I do not want to be induced (because the drugs they give you can increase the intensity of the contractions and make them come closer together, and, if it all stresses the baby out too much, you can end up with a c-section).  However, a few weeks ago I sort of let go of my hold on what I want labor to be like.  I realize that I have no control at all.  I could go into labor naturally, labor for 30 hours, and then end up needing a c-section anyway OR I could be induced and have a quick, smooth labor - or anything in between.  I actually am sort of liking the idea of induction at the moment: I would know the date Colton is going to be born, I could clean up my house, go on one more date with Ross as just the two of us, take a shower before going to the hospital, etc.  Not to bad of an idea to me!

Either way, this baby will be here this week or next...that is a weird thought!  Keep us in your prayers and we will keep you updated on how things go!

**Enjoy these pictures of the last of our set up for Baby Stowers.  I think, physically, we're ready!**


Ross putting our stroller together.  Don't let the (fake) smile fool you - he wasn't happy with the bad directions at this point.

Ross and Beau in the baby's room.  Beau is so nervous in there for some reason!

Me @ 39 weeks pregnant!

Me and Beau having a dance in the baby's room.

I just think all this stuff is so cute!  At least it's cute now - when there is no throw-up or poop on it!


We finally got our dresser/diaper changing area set up!  I will probably eventually add some pictures to the wall (don't worry, Jennifer!).

2 comments:

Chandler said...

I just love your nursery. I can't believe it's almost here. We are praying for you and can't wait to meet Colton. Please don't hesitate to call when and if you need us.

Jenn said...

I am liking the nursery! It is really coming together!! Now all you need is some pictures! j/k! Haha. Can't wait to meet little Colton!