Thursday, October 23, 2008

Fun Week & 4 Week Pic

This week has been a fun week for Colton, Ross, and me.  It started last Sunday afternoon with Colton's first trip to the "pumpkin patch."  I put that in quotes because Florida really lacks good pumpkin patches.  This was more like a family farm/petting zoo with a few pumpkins set on the ground for you to buy...and they were overpriced!  That's ok, though - Colton needed to experience something fall-like in this year-round-summer state!

Then, on Tuesday, I had a major day out.  From late afternoon until evening I enjoyed a play date with four other moms and babies.  Then, Ross and I finally made it back to our beloved community group.  I was so nervous before going out that day - I had no idea how Colton or I would do for 10 hours out of our comfy, secure house - but I am so glad I did it all.  Being with friends again really refreshed me and talking with other young moms is such a blessing!

The most exciting part of the week, though, was a special developmental milestone Colton hit.  On Tuesday morning when I was changing his diaper, I noticed Colton's FIRST REAL SMILE!  I wasn't sure if I could believe my eyes but Wednesday he confirmed it, smiling at me over and over as we played.  Today he graced Ross with his first smile to him and blessed me with a few more, as well.  There is no feeling I've ever had like seeing my baby smile at me for the first time - I love it!

Besides that, we've been enjoying time at home as a family.  Every day we take pictures of the little things Colton does, and I've included some of them below for you to see.  Enjoy!

Colton @ the pumpkin patch, becoming one with the pumpkins.

Colton and me enjoying a nice afternoon.

Ross really wanted to put Colton on this pony...so he did.

Colton loves lifting his little head - and he is strong!  

But afterwards he needs a little rest.  Using that little neck is hard work!

Colton was so stylish looking when we went to our play date/community group thanks to the sweet outfit Aunt Grace bought him at H&M in Sweden!  Thanks Aunt Grace!

I meant to get pictures of Colton and I hanging out with our friends Tuesday, but I only remembered to take one.  This is Colton and Reese, our friend Gayle's daughter, on the way to the play date.

Colton sporting the first outfit he ever had - a cool onesie from Italy!  Ross and I bought it when we were there last spring for UCF's vision trip - I was 12 weeks pregnant.  Now, it fits him perfectly!

This is for my mom.  She asked me to get a picture of Colton smiling and this was the best I could do.  His smile bring joy to my soul!

Last - Colton on his 4 week birthday.  Getting cuter and longer every week!
*This onesie is a 3 month size!  Since last week he's been wearing them because before we know it he'll be too long to get his feet in the footies!



5 comments:

Jenn said...

sooooo excited to meet him tonight and spend the weekend with you guys!!!Yeah!

The Downs family said...

that pumpkin pic is hilarious! His neck looks slightly uncomfortable! He is just so precious!

Jennie said...

OH! How I wish I could get a smile! We've seen some, but none as a result of us...probably gas. :) Glad to see someone else took their newborn to the pumpkin patch! Thanks for asking about the white noise - it hasn't done much - she still wakes up every 3-4 hours to eat, but I think I'm getting used to it at this point...are y'all still getting good sleep?

Studio222 Photography said...

Your blog makes me excited to have babies one day! :)

Jenn said...

you REALLY need to update your blog! I would like to see: pictures from my trip and colton in his pumpkin outfit! Thanks...and if you could get on that ASAP that would be great! haha!