Saturday, October 18, 2008

Rough Few Days...

Lots has been going on this past week, most of it not so great!  It all started last Friday when we took Colton to the doctor.  Don't worry - he checked out amazingly.  The thing that started it all, though, was that the doctor advised us to get some over the counter vitamin D drops to give Colton.  We started giving him those on Saturday or Sunday morning last week and noticed pretty quickly that Colton got MUCH more fussy than he had been.  It started Monday night when he started screaming from about 6pm - 10 or 11pm.  If he wasn't eating or being rocked constantly he was not a happy boy - it was so unusual for him!  That continued until Wednesday when he acted like that all day and evening!  It was horrible.  So, we stopped giving him those vitamins the past two days and he seems to be much closer to his old self again.  I am going to call the doctor's office on Monday but as far as I'm concerned, the vitamins are garbage!  

The other thing that has made the past few days pretty rough is that I got my first post-pregnancy migraine Thursday night.  I was totally out of the game yesterday with the headache and vomiting it caused.  Ross was amazing, though.  He kept Colton all day - just bringing him to me to eat - so that I could sleep.  Then, he chose to sleep on the couch in the living room with Colton next to him in his basket so that I could get as much sleep as possible during the night!  I still had a headache most of today (I'm just now starting to feel better) but I think Ross' help made it much easier for me to heal more quickly.  Migraines have always stunk, but having a migraine with a little baby in the house was so much more difficult!  Please pray that I don't get many more!

Other than that, not much is new.  Colton is now 3 weeks old (as of Thursday, Oct. 16).  He's getting bigger and bigger - it is amazing how much he has changed in these few short weeks!  We took some pictures to celebrate his birthday on Thursday and I will post those soon so that you can enjoy watching him grow and change along with us!  

No comments: