Wednesday, November 19, 2008

3 Weeks of Colton...

Ok, ok - I know I am very behind on uploading Colton pictures (for Mom and Connie, probably the only two people who really care).  However, I finally had time so here are a few from the past couple of weeks.

5 weeks old - comforting a slightly grumpy little guy.

As you can see, he was still grumpy.  I'm glad we finally got a good picture of his big pouty face, though!

6 weeks old - Aunt Grace came to visit!  So fun!


7 weeks old - getting so long, way bigger than his monkey pal.

...and looking super cute in one of his sweaters!  I'm so glad it's finally cool here!



So, that's about it!  
In some ways motherhood is becoming easier - we have a pretty good routine in place, Colton is usually not as fussy, I'm getting the hang of the constant feeding/diapering/holding deal.  In other ways, though, the longer I am a mom, the more difficult it's becoming.  Mainly I am realizing that being a "stay at home mom" is kind of a hard transition!  I'm still tired often and am often just stuck in the house.  With little change of scenery the feeding, diapering, playing, sleeping cycle gets old after awhile.  In some ways I just miss the freedom to go, do, and be spontaneous (if I ever was).
Don't get me wrong, I love having Colton here and most days enjoy it to the max.  I guess I'm just verbalizing that it's a big change.
And...abrupt ending.

5 comments:

Gigi and Grandy in Katy said...

Thanks for the new pictures. I love seeing them and love seeing how much he's grown next to the monkey! Motherhood is a process with something new for the rest of your life. It does get easier and harder! But you will do great!

Anonymous said...

Colton is the cutest baby in the world and I can't wait to see him in December! He looks a bit like you as a baby in the top picture and look how his little legs are filling out. So precious!

Jenn said...

yeah, he is the cutest baby until I have one...

Anonymous said...

Ha,ha! Then they will all be equally cute and therefore all qualify as the cutest babies in the world!

Becka Robinson said...

He's so adorable!