Monday, December 1, 2008

Colton's Stats

Today we had Colton's 2 month doctor's appointment (though he is 9-1/2 weeks old).  It went so great!  The doctor seems to think he's just a great baby.  She was all prepared to teach me how to develop good sleeping habits for Colton like letting him fall asleep on his own (laying him down awake for naps or at night) and not picking him up right away when he makes noises in his sleep but, instead, letting him fall back to sleep if he needs to.  Well, we've been doing that all along and she thinks that's why he's such a good sleeper!  The last two weeks have been crazy - he falls asleep between 7 and 9pm, usually, sleeps until around 4am, then sleeps again until 7 or 8am!  Although I'm anxious for him to stop getting up at 4am I know I have a whole lot to be thankful for in terms of his sleeping habits.

Colton also got two shots today and he did so well!  He cried when he got them but had calmed himself before the nurse even left the room - she was amazed. :)  I'm so proud of my good little boy!

Finally Colton got weighed and measured again and the doctor seemed very happy with his growth.  I was happy, too, and am finally starting to be able to see him getting a little chubbier with my own eyes. :)

Weight: 11 pounds, 14 ounces (50th percentile)
Length: 25 inches (off the growth chart again!)
Head circumference: 40 centimeters (50th percentile)

Here are a couple pics of our big boy! :)
Hanging out in his stroller @ 8 weeks 

Naked time after a bath (I spared you the whole view) on his 9 week birthday

3 comments:

Jenn said...

can't wait to see him in a couple weeks! oh, and you too!

Gigi and Grandy in Katy said...

So precious! I really want to cuddle him. Does he like to cuddle? My arms are aching to hold him!

Jennie said...

AW had her 2 month appt today too! She was 10 lbs 13 oz and 23 inches...I love getting those stats! And, the shots just kill me - she had 6 today. :(