Saturday, December 20, 2008

We Made It!

After a VERY LONG day yesterday, we made it to Colorado!  My day yesterday started at 2am (Friday morning) when Colton woke up during the night.  I am so spoiled - he almost never wakes up - so I was annoyed.  I let him cough and cry for a few minutes to see if he'd put himself back to sleep but he didn't.  So I went in to his room to find that he was spitting up and half choking on it, scaring himself to death!  I felt so bad.  I held him and comforted him, and he went right back to sleep.

Until 6:15am.  He got up again!  What?!?  I fed him and put him back down, but there was no point in me going back to sleep as I was going to get up at 7am anyway.  I showered, ate breakfast, took care of Colton, ran errands, finished packing Colton and myself - all while my house was totally being destroyed by a crew of guys who were replacing our air conditioner.  Ahhhh!  Thankfully, though, everything got completed right at 4pm when we needed to leave for the airport.

Traveling with a baby is a whole new - and not wonderful - experience.  We had SO MANY BAGS and carry on's to take with us.  My bag was overweight and they charged me $125 to check it...on top of the $55 they charged us to check all our bags in the first place.  This was my first time flying since the airlines started ripping everyone off, not cool.  The airline workers were rude - or maybe I was just more tense because of the craziness of traveling with Colton.  When all was said and done, though, the flight went well.  Colton was perfect - awake and happy about half the time, sleeping the other half.  Thank the Lord!  Ross and I both looked at each other about 100 times after entering the airport and said, "I'm so tired.  This is so much harder than it used to be!"  We continued reassuring one another of this fact until we finally made it to our hotel, cared for an exhausted Colton, and fell asleep around 12am Colorado time.

Colton did sleep pretty well, considering the time change.  However, he started waking up at 5am (7am our time).  I let him fuss himself back to sleep, wake up, fuss back to sleep, over and over until 7am, though.  Now we're getting ready to rent our car, meet Jenn and Nate, and drive up to Winter Park!  The temperatures there are freezing - less than 10 degrees.  Ross loves it, and I do too, but I just hope my thinned Florida blood can take it.  Colton doesn't mind the cold at all because we have him bundled up in the most hilarious snow suit that keeps him nice and toasty.  I'll share some pictures of that with you soon.

Anyway, I guess that's it!  I'm looking forward to celebrating Christmas with my whole family who I rarely see since we're spread between Florida, Michigan, and Tennessee.  I'm looking forward to skiing (if my snow pants fit over my newly widened hips, and I don't die from thin air and being out of shape!).  I'm looking forward to a little break from taking care of Colton while my family fawns all over him! :o)  All in all, I am looking forward to a Merry Christmas.  I hope you are, too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have so much fun, Linds! Love you girl. Merry Christmas!! - Sara