Friday, June 5, 2009

Crazy, Crazy Week

This has been a crazy week on so many levels!  We have been preparing day and night (literally, all night) to leave for Italy next week, Colton has been sick, my parents came to visit, and we had an amazing time with friends during which they sent us off with amazing fellowship and prayer.

Let's start at the beginning:
On Monday Colton got sick for the first time.  He ran a fever for three full days, spiking as high as 103.5, and now has a rash all over his face and body.  The doctor told us to expect the rash to follow the fever, so at least that wasn't a surprise.  I felt so bad for my sweet baby - it killed me to touch his little body when it was so hot, but not be able to do anything about it (besides pump him full of Tylenol).  He slept a whole lot while he had the fever and since it's broken he's been extremely fussy.  It's been tough to add a sick baby to the mix of getting ready at the last minute to move to another country!

Tuesday morning my parents, Colton's Grammy and Big Poppy, came to spend a few days with us before we move.  We were really happy they could come, although we felt like we barely got to see them because we were doing so much moving work.  They were a huge help to have here, though.  My dad helped Ross with the renovations he's trying to finish up and my mom helped a lot with Colton so that I could attempt to get a few things done.  I'm sorry Colton was such a grump while you were here, Mom and Dad!  We love you and will miss you!  
Below are a few pics from their time with us - I don't have any of just my mom and Colton, though!  Most of the time she was with him I was doing other things! :o(

Colton and Big Poppy bonding time!


Family pictures:
1) Pretty happy...
2) Imitating Colton's cries (hey, he'd been doing it all day and we were all a little tired of it) ;o)
3) A good, happy pic of everyone.  Even Colton looks like he's posing! :o)

Finally, Tuesday night our community group from Lake Baldwin Church hosted an amazing send off time for us.  We were able to fellowship with them, they shared special memories and encouragement with us, and they prayed for us.  They also sent us off with an amazing photo book in which they all wrote a special message for us.  Ross and I cannot tell you how special this night was.  We're so thankful for the friend's God has given us here in Orlando.  They have encouraged us, spurred us on in our faith, and been so much fun!  
WE'LL MISS ALL OF YOU!!!

Now that this week is done we have just 4 days to get things together before the movers come next Wednesday!  I am not going to lie, I've been seriously stressed out as it seems everything is getting more disorganized rather than more organized and ready to go.  However, I have been encouraged by friends and family to rest in the Lord, trusting that He will give us the strength we need to get everything done.  Now I just need prayer that I can remember that every day! :o)


No comments: