Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The Stars Come Out!

So, in exciting Florence news...
Ross and I saw Alimi Ballard, David Sinclair on CBS' Numb3ers, today on the Ponte Vecchio!




Ross and I watched that show almost every week in the U.S. so we were pretty excited. :)

More importantly, though, we got to visit today with my Aunt Susan and Uncle Bob. They are visiting Italy in conjunction with a business trip my Uncle Bob is on so we met up for lunch and gave them a tour of our apartment. I'm a bad niece and didn't take any pictures of our visit with them to post, but we really enjoyed our short time with them. It was such a blessing to have a little taste of family/home in the early days of our move!

Finally, today is a holiday in Florence. It is Saint John the Baptist day and is important because he is the patron saint of the city. We are celebrating by going over to a friend's house for dinner. Matt and Melanie are another couple who work with Campus Crusade here (along with their 4 month old son, Silas) and they have been such a blessing to us in our first week here. They have spent social time with us, helped us find our way to key places in the city, and have driven us to Ikea/helped us unload heavy items (like our wardrobes) after we made it home. We're excited to continue getting to know them!

That's it for now. I have a special Colton update coming soon - I'm just waiting until I get pictures to go with it! :)


2 comments:

Jenn said...

what has he done?!?! i hate the suspense!

Lindsay said...

nothing new - just something funny. gotta wait for the pics!