Sunday, January 31, 2010

Flying by...

Colton is a big boy. Not in the sense that he's getting older, though that's true, but in the sense that he's extremely tall. It's hard for me to notice how much he's changing and growing since I see him every day. I do notice it, however, when - all of a sudden - he is climbing on things that were too high for him just a few weeks ago, or when he's reaching the tops of tables that were far out of reach for him just recently.

I also notice how big Colton has gotten when I have the chance to look back on pictures of him in a similar situation over time. The other day I stumbled on these photos of him in his car seat and I couldn't believe how much he's changed!

This is Colton, just 3 days old, on the way home from the hospital.

Colton was 4 weeks old in this picture. Still pretty small but already bigger than that newborn baby.

Now, jump way ahead - This is Colton in his car seat at 11 months old. His little feet, when his legs were straight, definitely hung over the edge.

Finally, I took this picture just last week. Colton in his car seat at 15 months old! His head is to the top and his feet hang way out. Obviously it's time to retire this old seat.
*Don't worry, he doesn't use it in the car anymore - we just put him in it at night to drink his bottle. :)



It's really crazy to think about how much Colton has grown, and how quickly it's happening! As he gets bigger physically he's also growing much in the personality department. When he's happy, he's very happy. When he's frustrated or angry, though..... well, let's just say it ain't pretty. A friend recently told me that her child's pediatrician said that the 15 - 18th months are a notoriously difficult time in raising toddlers. I hope that's true because Colton's definitely been testing my patience this past month.

Even so, Colton is also becoming sweeter and sweeter in his happy moments. He often wants to be picked up or cuddled on our laps. He loves bringing us books to read him, blocks to play with, and cars or balls to roll back and forth. He's just now starting to become wary of strangers (he studies them quietly for about 5 minutes, then he's back to his crazy self) and clings to us just a little in a new situation. Even as we try to figure out how to parent a toddler who is prone to screaming and fit-throwing in his tougher times, we are overwhelmed by what a joy he is in our lives.

Time is already flying by...

1 comment:

Jenn said...

He IS getting so big. I miss him and I love his pjs in the last picture. too cute!