Friday, January 22, 2010

One of the best...

Colton has never been a cuddler. Well, not since he could move on his own anyway. :) He's a crazy-active little boy. He rarely sits still for even 30 seconds which just doesn't leave him much time to love on his mommy.

Around the time he turned one he seemed to begin to understand that it didn't take too long to give a hug or a pat on the knee. He began to show some affection, for which we were grateful! More recently he has started to ask to be picked up (not verbally but by running to you and holding his arms up). Once again, that was more attention than he ever seemed interested in before and we were happy.

But tonight was a big deal. I immediately noted it in my mind as "one of the best moments of my life." :) Colton kept wanting to crawl into my lap on the couch. He would stay there for about 30 seconds, his typical time he's able to sit still. Then he would jump off the couch and immediately want picked back up. I decided to see what happened if I put his favorite pillow down and put on a short video.

VOILA! CUDDLES!!!

He stayed with me for about 20 minutes and I savored every last second. Maybe, just maybe, I will make a cuddler out of him yet...

3 comments:

Mom said...

He's just too busy most of the time to take time out to cuddle so you'll just have to enjoy those precious moments as they come. I'm glad they're starting to happen more often. He's such a sweet, little boy! I hope that when I get to see him again I'll be able to get some cuddle time, too!

Gigi and Grandy in Katy said...

Such a sweet word picture then the sweet photo itself! Love it. Breathe in the sweet smell of him while you can! OOOOOH so delectable!

Jenn said...

so sweet!