Thursday, May 14, 2009

Our BIG Boy!

This has been a big week for Colton!  At 7 and a half months old Colton has officially started sitting himself up from laying down and, today, pulling himself up to stand!  Well, he's only sat himself up twice and has only pulled himself to standing while in a laundry basket, but we're off to a good start. :0)  Colton really is a go-getter.  Never satisfied to sit still, he'll always find a way to get what he wants with no regard to his personal safety.  I'm starting to get nervous about life after mobility.  Knowing Colton, we're going to be lucky to get through the first couple of years without any major injuries!

So, here's a look at his pulling up progression.  We're hoping to post a video of it later this week.

"Hey guys, I kind of like the laundry basket!"

"Whoa!  The world is looking a little different from here!"

"Oh yeah!  Look at me, I can stand...and I did it all by myself!"



I also wanted to post a couple pictures that we never shared from Colton's life at 6 months old.  I fed him prunes because, well, they were for sale and I wanted him to try everything!  Big mistake.  Though he liked them fine, I did not like what happened later that morning...

Yes, folks, under Colton's feet is his own poop.  He had smeared it all over the place with his feet.

...And that's just what came out of the diaper!


Luckily I was not home for this and Daddy took care of all poop explosion related issues!  Even so, I don't think we'll be feeding Colton prunes again any time soon. ;o)

3 comments:

Jenn said...

CUTE! Well, not the poop.

Gigi and Grandy in Katy said...

So proud of the agility accomplishments! He'll be up and gone before we know it! Oh, No! As for the poop, serves Ross right....he did it to us LOTS!

Mom said...

He is getting so big!!!!