Sunday, May 3, 2009

Scaredy Cat!

Ross and I finally got our acts together and re-did the landscaping in front of our house.  Actually, I don't know if "re-did" is the right word for it considering that all that was there before was two half dead bushes, some almost completely decomposed mulch, and a bunch of weeds.  We didn't do anything really fancy since we're about to move to another country.  We just wanted something that looked nice and was easy to maintain for those who will rent our place.  Below is what we ended up doing (pics are for my Dad, who desperately wants to see).



While we worked, we laid a blanket out on the front lawn for Colton so that he could "help."  He loved playing outside with his toys until....
A plastic cup that he was happily playing with rolled into the grass just off of the blanket.  Colton went to crawl to it and we found out that he is SCARED of the grass!  Yes, that's right - my child fears grass.  Lovely.  Below are some pics chronicling his fear (yes, I'm that kind of mom that runs into the house for the camera instead of rescuing her child). :)


"I want this fun cup but I'm really not sure about the green (brown) stuff!"

"Ew, ew, ew, ew, ew!!!  What is this?!?  I do not want to touch it in any way!"

"Ok, seriously?!  I'm getting upset here!"

So, at 7 months old we have found out that Colton fears the ocean and grass.  Not only those things but he also gets clingy and scared acting at other random things - like when Ross was shoveling some rocks into the garbage during our landscaping adventure (I don't think the noise scared him because he watched for a minute before showing any signs of fear.) and getting held too close to the tree branches that he was studying (from a safe distance) as they blew in the breeze.  I really hope Colton gets over his fears - I would hate for him to be scared of so many things as he grows up!

Despite his fear of the grass, he managed to get pretty dirty playing in it.  We'll leave you with a pic of his dirty face just before we went in to take a bath!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww, too funny!! poor little guy! - Sara

Jenn said...

hahaha...colton is funny. oh and p.s. both grandma's always email me about my blog, so I go ahead and post the comments on my blog for them! Hahaha.